Carrie Fisher's stunning diet success - The Age

After ... Carrie Fisher, is 23 kiograms lighter thanks to Jenny Craig.

After ... Carrie Fisher is 23 kiograms lighter thanks to Jenny Craig.

Actress Carrie Fisher is celebrating after losing more than 20 kilograms on diet firm Jenny Craig's weight loss plan.

The Star Wars star became the firm's celebrity spokeswoman last year, taking over from the likes of Valerie Bertinelli and Kirstie Alley - and she has become one of the company's biggest success stories.

The 54-year-old tells People magazine she was determined to shed the kilos after realising she was afraid of her own reflection.

Advertisement: Story continues below
Before ... Carrie Fisher in December 2010.

Before ... Carrie Fisher in December 2010.

"I couldn't look in the mirror," the newly trim star said.

"I saw pictures of myself where I didn't look like myself. I thought I was getting old. It turns out I was mostly getting fat."

While the actress is thrilled with her new look she'd like to lose a few more kilos yet, especially up top.

In a separate interview with USA Today, Fisher revealed that her diet battle is far from over: "I'm at war with my chest. I've lost 10 inches (25 centimetres)."

She's been on the Jenny Craig eating plan since November and says her endorsement is authentic.

"I'm not the kind of person who would be the hooker they hired to parrot the things they said to say."

The daughter of Hollywood legends Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, is undaunted by public scrutiny of her changing figure.

"I don't mind at all talking about the challenges I have had to face in my time on Earth."

Fisher is currently touring America with her one-woman play, Wishful Drinking, an adaptation of her 2008 autobiography of the same name.

The book and play detail her battle with addiction and mental illness, possibly brought on by being a product of what she calls "Hollywood in-breeding".

Her follow-up memoir, Shockaholic, will be released in November. It includes a chapter on her weight loss called, "Wishful Shrinking".

For the moment though, Fisher is getting down to some serious shopping.

After years of "leggings and the equivalent of a tea cozy" on top, she's revelling in the joys of replenishing a depleted wardrobe.

"Yesterday, I bought a dress. I haven't worn a dress in four years."

But she reckons she'll forego her right to bare arms for the foreseeable future.

"I'm not going to wear a lot of sleeveless things. I think after 50, there's a law," she says.

smh.com.au


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jennifer Nicole Lee Turns Up the Heat in South Beach [PHOTOS] - International Business Times

Commercialized Sexualization and the Option to Opt Out - Huffingtonpost.com

Derek Jeter, Minka Kelly Break Up - Gothamist.com