Chelsee Healey cops flak for sexiest entrance ever on Strictly - Sunday People

Oct 2 2011 by Laura Armstrong, The People

Chelsee Healey has told how her sexy Strictly entrance triggered a backlash from shocked viewers.

The Waterloo Road star, in a crystal-covered blue bikini, looked hot to foxtrot as she took to the stage for the first time. Yet she was criticised in online posts.

Laughing nervously, Chelsee, 23, said: I was happy with the outfit, but if you come out dressed like that it can make a bad first impression. Ive had a few nasty comments from people, especially on Twitter. Some said I was a man-eater and criticised my lips and boobs.

That wasnt nice and I tried to let it go in one ear and out of the other. Ive told the costume designers they could put me in anything, and I trust them completely.

She added: For the first live show I really wanted to show people a different me by wearing an elegant, angelic ballroom dress.

Hopefully this will bring out the elegant, ladylike side of me.

The People met Chelsee and Siberian dance partner Pasha Kovalev, 31, after six hours of gruelling rehearsals for last nights waltz performance.

But despite aching feet and exhaustion setting in, the Manchester-born actress was unfailingly chatty, revealing her biggest hopes and fears for the contest.

Chelsee, who gave up dancing lessons at 10, said: I have always wanted to get back into it but I didnt want to go to classes. So this seemed like the perfect solution. My biggest fear is falling over or forgetting my steps. Sometimes I get them the wrong way round and mess it up. Im really scared about the live shows.

I have improved, but Im still having a few kerfuffles. Ive got bruises and two broken toenails, which really hurt.

Chelsee already has a list of her favourites on the show.

She said: I get on best with Holly Valance and Alex Jones theyre like my girls.

Lulu is amazing and Anita Dobson is one of the nicest women I have ever met. I can also be one of the boys and have some banter with them. But everyone is really nice. Chelsee who admits she is single and ready to mingle does have one complaint about the shows line-up.

She said: Theres no one I really fancy, who I look at and think, Oh yeah. I wish there were more boys who are my age, and single, because a lot of them are in relationships.

Harry Judd or Haribo has a girlfriend. We banter, but thats it. Robbie Savage is married, and is more like an uncle. Rory Bremner is hilarious, but hes too old.

Jason Donovan was gorgeous in his heyday, but hes too old for me now. Audley Harrison is too tall and Dan Lobb or Lobbo has a girlfriend, and hes not my type.

My friends are always surprised by boys I like. I have a thing for bad boys, and thats probably why Im still single.

So does she have chemistry with Pasha? Chelsee said: If men are dancers they look manly dancing, and that can be quite sexy. But Pasha and I are just good friends. He is a good teacher and very patient he has to be to deal with me. I definitely wear the trousers in our relationship. I tell him when were having breaks!

Chelsee who made her screen debut in 2003 as Katie Moore in BBC Three drama Burn It took on the role of pupil Janeece Bryant in Waterloo Road in 2006 and played the schoolgirl for three years, returning to the series as a secretary.

On set, her characters plain-clothes uniform could not be further from the glamour, glitz and sparkles of the Strictly stage. She said: I love dressing up.

The dresses are beautiful. Im not too worried about malfunctions because Ill be strapped in to them. And Ill have body tape!

Im far more worried about messing things up.

So far this has been an amazing experience, but I have found it much more difficult than I expected.

laura.armstrong@people.co.uk

Strictly continues on Saturday and Sunday, October 8 and 9 on BBC1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jennifer Nicole Lee Turns Up the Heat in South Beach [PHOTOS] - International Business Times

Derek Jeter, Minka Kelly Break Up - Gothamist.com

Jessica Gomes & Claire Coffee in Maxim